Quarterbacks are the powerhouses of each NFL team and play a large part in how the team does in the upcoming season. With the 2017/2018 NFL season looming on the horizon, knowing how the rankings stand will go a long way to helping you to place your bets for the upcoming season.
A great example is how the Dallas Cowboys fared at the bookmakers in the 2015 season. Their star quarterback Tony Romo ended up being out for most of the season due to injury. Before his accident, the Cowboys were 3 – 1, but without him, they quickly fell to 1 – 11, seriously disappointing some punters who had placed futures bets. NFL betting is popular across the globe and even betting NZ sites offer a selection of markets. Thus, the more information available about the players, their performance and the teams, the better,
A Season Predictor
Choosing the 2017 power quarterbacks is just an idea of what may happen throughout the season. Of course, there is the potential for injury, surprises and more to upset the apple cart. That being said, most experts tend to agree on the ranked order which does give us some idea of how the season may play out.
Interestingly, some of the quarterbacks for 2017 are brand new to the NFL. Los Angeles Rams quarterback Jared Goff, for example, is only a tender 22, which may either place him at an advantage over his older opponents, or a disadvantage due to his youth. For this reason, he is last on our list at number 32. Speed and agility may be his, but experience and sheer strength are usually some of the bonuses of age and practice. These newbies on the block are relatively untried, and although we can look back on their play records, how they fare against the big boys is a giant question mark until the season actually begins.
The quarterback rankings have been chosen with care, taking into account both their current career stats, win-loss records, general performances, winning percentages and playoff victories.
Our top five ranked quarterbacks will probably come as no surprise to anyone. They are the pinnacle of the sport currently, with great career stats and a handful of Super Bowl wins between them. Anything can happen on the field, but the fact remains that these super athletes are most likely to take their teams to victory over their younger, less experienced counterparts.
And so, without further ado, we bring you a list of the 32 ranked power quarterbacks for the start of the 2017 season.
32. Jared Goff — Los Angeles Rams
31. Cody Kessler — Cleveland Browns (Projected Starter)
30. Josh McCown — New York Jets (Projected Starter)
29. Blake Bortles — Jacksonville Jaguars
28. Trevor Siemian — Denver Broncos
27. Sam Bradford — Minnesota Vikings
26. Mike Glennon — Chicago Bears
25. Deshaun Watson — Houston Texans (Projected Starter)
24. Brian Hoyer — San Francisco 49ers
23. Tyrod Taylor — Buffalo Bills
22. Alex Smith — Kansas City Chiefs
21. Eli Manning — New York Giants
20. Andy Dalton — Cincinnati Bengals
19. Carson Wentz — Philadelphia Eagles
18. Joe Flacco — Baltimore Ravens
17. Philip Rivers — Los Angeles Chargers
16. Carson Palmer — Arizona Cardinals
15. Jay Cutler — Miami Dolphins
14. Marcus Mariota — Tennessee Titans
13. Matthew Stafford — Detroit Lions
12. Cam Newton — Carolina Panthers
11. Kirk Cousins — Washington Redskins
10. Jameis Winston — Tampa Bay Buccaneers
9. Andrew Luck — Indianapolis Colts
8. Russell Wilson — Seattle Seahawks
7. Dak Prescott — Dallas Cowboys
6. Ben Roethlisberger — Pittsburgh Steelers
5. Drew Brees — New Orleans Saints
4. Derek Carr — Oakland Raiders
3. Aaron Rodgers — Green Bay Packers
2. Matt Ryan — Atlanta Falcons
1. Tom Brady — New England Patriots